Just oats and water deliver a full serving of whole grain in simpler, better form.
What is Oat Milk?
Oat milk consists of steel cut presoacked oat groats, blended, and then strained with a special cloth. The left over pulp contains a large portion of the dietary fibre and protein, however the resulting milk does contain some of the nutrients and macronutrients. Oats absorb water very well and as a result, more of the macronutrients and micronutrients pass through the cloth giving nutritious, creamy, sweet tasting dairy free milk. 7 Benefits of Oat Milk
1. Dairy Free Low in fat and dairy free it is an excellent choice for the lactose intolerant among us and provide sweet taste. Those who have a gluten intolerance may need to be more careful. By nature oats are gluten free but often processed on the same equipment as gluten-containing grains, this contaminates the grains and may be enough to cause a reaction, best to check the label for specific processing information before you do buy an oat milk product.
2. High in Fibre Oat milk has twice the dietary fibre than cow’s milk making it an excellent choice for adding fibre to your diet for healthy gut and digestive functions. Specifically, beta glucan, a soluble fibre strengthens the immune system, regular consumption can prevent infection and improves the body’s ability to naturally heal itself.
3. High in Vitamins Oat milk contains B vitamins thiamine and folate, supporting the breakdown of carbohydrates (thiamine) for energy and normal function for red blood cells (folate).
4. Replaces Saturated fats with Unsaturated Fats With zero saturated fats and a total of 2.5g of fat per serving this is one super vegan milk product. Every day whole milk contains around 8g of fat and 5g of saturated fat. With minimal fat in each serving it makes oat milk very low calorie and perfect for those watching what they eat for their own training and dietary requirements.
5. Cholesterol Free A dairy free product, oat milk contains zero cholesterol, regular consumption may even lower bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood. Excessive cholesterol promotes build up of LDL or low-density lipoproteins in arteries, leading to atherosclerosis, a precursor of cardiovascular disease. So, for every serving of regular milk you replace with oat milk, you are reducing your daily cholesterol intake by 24mg.
6. Regulates Blood Sugar Levels Beta glucan the soluble fibre slows down the absorption of carbohydrates in the gut, providing a slower and steadier supply of sugar into the blood stream. An excellent and very healthy choice for type 2 diabetes patients looking to help regulate their blood sugar.
7. Bone Strengthening Minerals The minerals potassium, magnesium and zinc are all included in this super vegetable milk. All three minerals are important for micronutrients for the strengthening and formation of healthy bones.
- Shelf-stable: no refrigeration needed until opened
- Once opened, refrigerate and consume within 7-10 days
- 20g whole grain per serving (Whole Grains Council stamped)
- Made with 3 ingredients – oats, water, and salt
- No added gums or emulsifiers
- Vegan, dairy-free
- Carrageenan-free, gluten-free
- No artificial flavors
- Non-GMO Project verified
- Crafted with our patented HydroRelease™ method